If I’d written this post a few days ago, it might have been titled “Good day, bad nights”. At about 4am on Wednesday morning I woke with pain in my left ribcage which we assume was due to nerve pinching from sleeping on my left side all the time. After sitting up for about half an hour, it finally eased off and I was able to go back to sleep.
Wednesday was a good day. In the morning I was able to go to my craft group, and in the afternoon (as some of you will have seen from Ian’s post) I was able to walk for twenty minutes around the neighbourhood. I wish that every day in my recovery were as good as Wednesday.
Early on Thursday morning, Ian woke with what we think was an allergic reaction ahead of the coming storm, and that kept me awake for a bit, partly due to the fact that if anything happened to him, I wouldn't be able to care for him. On Thursday I went to a funeral, and then that afternoon had a migraine aura. (For me, this means a disturbance in my vision that takes about half an hour to pass. I don’t usually get much of a headache.)
On Friday I had another migraine aura in the morning and a related headache, before we went to have lunch with Ian’s parents. Late that afternoon I started getting pains in my neck—again we think from sleeping on my left—and then later, pains under the ribcage from wind that took all night to clear.
Today (Saturday) I’ve had yet another migraine aura, which brings it up to seven in nine days. Before my operation, I normally used to get them only sporadically and hadn’t had any for several months. I would dearly love to never have a migraine aura ever again. They are frustrating. They make me miserable because I don’t know when they’re going to strike again, how bad they’re going to be or whether I can trust any of my vision. Unfortunately I don’t know what’s triggering them at the moment.
On a positive note, I have been able to go for 15-20 minute walks in the neighbourhood during the last couple of days.
Laetitia :-)
PS - Ian would love to hear from you if you are (or know someone who is) either a physiotherapist with an understanding of recovery from robotic heart surgery, or a holistic health specialist with an understanding of migraines…
No comments:
Post a Comment