OK, so we're back in south east Queensland - we arrived home on Saturday night. It is so very nice to back in the warmth where getting out of the shower is not a real chore and, even if I'm still in track-pants during the day (our house is relatively cold), I don't feel the need to turn on the ducted air-conditioning. My sister's house is nice and all but, well, it's in Melbourne and, for the most part of our time there, the maximum temperatures were similar to the minimums that SEQ had been having.
Today we walked down to the local shops (about 700 m away) because (a) I need to get some exercise, (b) I wanted to see if it would be a viable option to walk to the GP's office tomorrow and (c) I wanted fish & chips as a treat.
I got one and a half out of three - (a) and part of (b). I certainly got in some exercise and normally it would be a viable option for going to the GP. However, we decided that maybe driving down tomorrow would be better so that my (already elevated) heart-rate isn't excessively elevated for my GP appointment.
As for (c), well, I forgot that it is Monday today and that means that many take-away places are CLOSED. Sadly, both the fish & chip shop and the Chinese food shop were closed. Maybe I'll treat myself tomorrow after seeing the GP at lunch time.
Laetitia :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment