Yesterday (Thursday 3 November) was 5 weeks since the operation.
I did an ESL lesson at Taringa Baptist in the morning. To get there, I got up early to get a lift from Ian to the train station. That meant that I didn't really get a lie-down between breakfast and leaving the house.
Now, I've found that my body seems to need a morning lie-down for varying lengths of time; fortunately the lie-down time required seems to be reducing. However, it appears to be linked somehow to the migraine auras - if I don't get a lie-down or don't have time for one of the length I feel I need that morning, I feel I'm more susceptible to the auras. You can guess what's coming, can't you.
Sure enough, after the ESL lesson, while out at lunch with a friend, I got an aura. It made it a little hard to read the 'menu' (we were at Sushi Train) so I was fortunate that I could ask my friend to identify things for me. It was also a really slow moving one (that is, it took quite a while to fully clear) but fortunately wasn't really strong, so my eyes weren't super tired after it.
Now, the aura before this was last Saturday morning and the one before that was last Thursday morning. Maybe things are improving - I can only pray so.
On another note, I have discovered a renewed interest in walking. Since daily walking is part of my rehab routine, I'm interested in finding new routes to keep the interest. During the week I walked to and from the local library and shopping centre on a couple of days. I found a route that is about 1.25 km one-way and it currently takes me about 15 minutes to get there.
Now, since one of my regular routes would be about 2.5 - 3km, I'm looking at other routes of a similar length. One day I might walk to the post office where we have a PO box (2.6 km one way). Of course, then I might have to sit there a while before walking home, or work out a suitable bus to get me closer. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment