Monday, October 3, 2011

Progress

In your upper chest, you have pectoral muscles that run under the breast area.  You can see a picture of the muscle group I'm talking about on this website (scroll down a little way).

In my surgery, an incision was made through these muscles just under my right breast. To get good contact when it was sewn back up, the muscles were bunched together a little which means that the skin pulls in odd ways and the muscles on the other side of the breast also don't behave as they normally would.

So now my right breast looks and feels deformed (the surgeon assures me that it will smooth out over time, but how much time I don't know) and the skin is very sensitive.  I have to wear a close-fitting slip, a bit like a singlet, to stop random brushes of my shirt cloth against my skin from making things worse.  Also, any change in temperature gives me goose-bumps on the right but not necessarily on the left.  So all this means that my right breast is constantly sensitized and I ache in the right upper part of my torso.

Out of all the things for which I could ask prayer (I'll get to groin bruising and adhesive burns in another post or two) this is the thing that I feel would make the biggest difference to my everyday life.

Laetitia :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sending love and prayers that you heal quickly, Laetitia!

    ReplyDelete