I got to the hospital early this morning, and accompanied Laetitia to the waiting area for theatre. When it was time for her to go in, we said goodbye, and then for me it was time to attempt to distract myself from worrying for the next few hours.
Just after midday I got the call I was waiting for from the surgeon: Success! No more leaks. Praise God! Apparently the shape of her valve had been somewhat unusual, but I don't really know much detail yet.
So I had some lunch and then returned to the ICU. Laetitia was ready for me to see about an hour later. She was still more or less asleep then. Gradually during the afternoon she woke up a bit more. By about 5 o'clock she was alert enough for her breathing tube to be removed - a very uncomfortable experience, as you can imagine.

Her condition is currently quite stable, and the cardiologist is very happy with her progress. She's in a little discomfort still from her dry mouth and throat, and from the drain tubes from the wound (which will need to stay attached for a couple more days unfortunately) and a multitude of other lines and cables attached to her. She's also got a pretty sore back - I mean, she's basically been lying down since 10 o'clock Wednesday night, with a lot more time in bed ahead of her yet. They're giving her plenty of medication, but this is certainly something we can pray about.
Thank you for praying. Please join me now in thanks for the successful repair, and please pray for continued healing and a complication-free recovery as well as strength and courage for my beautiful and brave wife.
Just after midday I got the call I was waiting for from the surgeon: Success! No more leaks. Praise God! Apparently the shape of her valve had been somewhat unusual, but I don't really know much detail yet.
So I had some lunch and then returned to the ICU. Laetitia was ready for me to see about an hour later. She was still more or less asleep then. Gradually during the afternoon she woke up a bit more. By about 5 o'clock she was alert enough for her breathing tube to be removed - a very uncomfortable experience, as you can imagine.

Her condition is currently quite stable, and the cardiologist is very happy with her progress. She's in a little discomfort still from her dry mouth and throat, and from the drain tubes from the wound (which will need to stay attached for a couple more days unfortunately) and a multitude of other lines and cables attached to her. She's also got a pretty sore back - I mean, she's basically been lying down since 10 o'clock Wednesday night, with a lot more time in bed ahead of her yet. They're giving her plenty of medication, but this is certainly something we can pray about.
Thank you for praying. Please join me now in thanks for the successful repair, and please pray for continued healing and a complication-free recovery as well as strength and courage for my beautiful and brave wife.
This is wonderful news! I've been thinking of the two of you on and off all day, hoping to hear exactly this. Now I'm wishing you a quick and pain free recovery!
ReplyDelete-ninakk-
Great news Ian.
ReplyDeleteBeen praying for you both - will continue to.